What is ORSA?
The Occupational Road Safety Alliance (ORSA) was formed on 29th April 2002 at a meeting of 40 organisations who agreed to work together to promote occupational road safety via their respective memberships and key contacts. It now comprises over 150 organisations.
ORSA brings together employers, trade unions, local authorities, police forces, safety organisations and professional and trade associations. It aims to raise awareness of work related road safety and to encourage businesses to manage at-work road risk more effectively.
ORSA's aims are to:
- Establish a statement of common goals
- Promote the exchange of information on managing occupational road risk
- Provide advice, information, guidance and resources
- Facilitate networking and encourage joint working to raise awareness in organisations of the need for action on work related road safety
- Establish technical co-operation